Child Birth Classes, 2 hrs, $75.00 per couple
Each of our birthing classes are offered by Nurse Jackie Chapman RN, a lactation consultant, childbirth specialist & Certified BLS/CPR/AED instructor with over 40 years experience. Her classes are held weekly at the Birthing Center of NY, located at 6700 3rd Avenue, in the heart of South Brooklyn.
When you take our child birth class, you will learn the three childbirth methods, labor & delivery expectations and breathing & relaxation exercises. Nurse Jackie’s experience and creative method of teaching combines videos, lecturing and hands on training that provide you and your partner with the tools to manage your labor and delivery.
Understand and practice:
- The Lamaze Technique: Even if this is your first pregnancy, chances are good you’ve heard of the Lamaze technique (or at least Lamaze breathing). However, there’s more to this method than just inhaling deeply. As the most widely used childbirth method in the U.S., the Lamaze technique focuses on building the mother’s confidence and involves learning about the birth process, relaxation techniques and of course, breathing exercises designed to help moms through contractions.
- The Bradley Method: This method, which involves both parents, prepares the mother to deliver her baby without pain medications and educates the baby’s father in birth coaching techniques. The Bradley Method also allows both parents to go through labor rehearsals that include relaxation techniques, massage and other methods designed to help mothers cope with the intensity of labor and delivery.
- Birthing From Within: A holistic approach to childbirth, Birthing From Within offers parents a general informative teaching experience as well as multi-sensory processes that are designed to help mothers discover how labor works and how to keep calm during the process while coping with any unexpected surprises. Though the goal of Birthing From Within is education about natural childbirth, information about C-sections, epidurals and other interventions are also given.
- 2 Hours of hands on instruction
- Information handouts
- Certificate of completion
- Loving “Hug”
Our Post Partum & Breastfeeding class gives our moms-to-be a chance to explore our natural birthing center, should they ever decide to give birth naturally.
Your Doula & Midwife are welcome: $75 each per class
Private course available: $50 additional call to schedule: 929-888-6996
Don’t forget to bring 2 pillows!