Our NEW Hypno-Birthing Class is being developed by Nurse Jackie Chapman RN. She is a lactation consultant, childbirth specialist and also a Certified BLS/CPR/AED instructor with over 40 years experience. Classes will be held at the Birthing Center of NY, located at 6700 3rd Avenue in the heart of South Brooklyn.
The hypno-birthing class is designed to teach you above all how to prepare your mind and body for a natural child birthing experience. Hypno-birthing will teach you special breathing & relaxation techniques, how to meditate, proper nutrition, and also effective body positioning.
Hypno-birthing class Outline
(Under Development – Check Back for Updates!)
- What is hypno-birthing and what is the philosophy behind it
- How your body is designed to accommodate your birth needs
- How you can activate your hormones
- Tools that can help you relax during you labor a birthing phase
- Different breathing patterns and stress free vocabulary terminology
- Getting to know and falling in love with my baby
- Effleurage, talking, singing, communicating and also bonding with the baby because the baby is a part of you!
- How to take control of your mind and body – instant and prompt self-relaxation as well as deepening
- Realistic relaxation exercises with different visualizations, music, & also scripts
- Birthing exercise for pregnancy and also pelvic exercise
- Light touch, Aromatherapy , Hydrotherapy, and also Massage
- Breathing down or pushing. How these differ
- How to let stress, fear, anxiety, and also tension flow away from your body and soul
- Proper positioning for easier delivery
- Hands on instruction
- Information handouts
- Certificate of completion
- Loving Hugs from Nurse Jackie