Water births can help you relax physically and mentally
Many women, midwives, and doctors acknowledge the benefits of water and water births.
Some call water “the birth center epidural” and it deserves this name. Water therapy has long been used to sooth pain, relax, and heal. Many women labor more effectively and reduce stress and pain in water.
The Birthing Center of NY’s modern “concierge 4 star hotel like” birthing rooms offer the option for women to give birth in the water using an inflatable birthing pool. Large windows, soothing music and privacy ensure a relaxed stress free environment for you and your family.
Some Possible Benefits of Water Births:
- Speeds up the labor process
- Reduces blood pressure
- Labor pain relief
- Promotes mental & physical relaxation
- Reduces the need for drugs and interventions
- Reduces perineal trauma and eliminates episiotomies
- Encourages an easier birth for you and a gentler “welcome to the world” for your baby
Your Personal Birthing Pool
- The Birthing Center of NY gives you the opportunity to experience the warmth and soothing experience of a water birth. To take advantage of a water birth and to maintain the cleanliness and sterility required for yourself and new baby, the Birthing Center of NY offers a reasonably priced inflatable birthing tub.
- These Eco-friendly, PVC inflatable pools, are FDA approved and made of non-toxic ECO phthalate-free vinyl material.
- The unique design provides room for both the laboring mom and a support person allowing you to be comfortable and safe while in the pool.
- The Birthing Center of NY’s birthing pools create an intimate and soothing birth environment by combining style, comfort and privacy.
- We manage the entire process of the setup, filling and maintaining optimum temperature and finally clean up and disposal – all expecting mothers have to do is relax and experience the magic of creation.
Things to know about water births:
If you are thinking of a water birth, consider the following:
- Temperature must be maintained close to body temperature or it will stress the infant. A temperature of less than 102° F must be maintained.
- Cleanliness/infection control is difficult in jetted tubs where bacteria can hide in tubes etc.. The Birthing Center of NY does not offer Jacuzzi birthing. We do offer, should you be able, to birth in a personal single use birthing tub ensuring a safe, clean environment. These tubs are low cost and purchased by mothers should they wish a water birth. You can purchase these tubs from us if you decide on this option.
- Physical ability to be quickly removed from the tub should an emergency arise is VITAL to protect yourself and your unborn child. We all expect a perfect birth. However unforeseen circumstances can arise that can put yourself and/or your baby in jeopardy. At the Birthing Center of NY, safety for yourself and unborn child take precedence. You and our team will discuss your wishes and both come to a decision that will provide the best outcomes for you and your baby.
Click here to read ACOG’s (American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology) Opinion on water births: