Winter is here and it can be wicked. Can you take your newborn out in the cold? Do you know what the recommended precautions are?
- Never take your newborn out in weather that is below 15 degrees Fahrenheit or less.
- Do not have your child in the cold. If you need to be outside, try to keep it to 15 minutes or less.
- Your newborn can freeze in a matter of minutes and can experience hypothermia
- Observe the newborn for skin color of redness or grey type skin color, blue-ish skin color or shivering.
- Mommy you need to be healthy also – please bundle up and stay healthy and safe!
Jacqueline Ann Chapman