You’re having a baby. Your Obstetrician starts you on iron medication daily for your anemia. What is the recommendation for taking this medication by mouth. Which answer is correct?
- 1-iron medication needs food to activate it so take it with a meal
- 2-Iron medication should be taken with milk
- 3-Iron medication should not be taken with food
- 4-Iron medication should be taken before you go to bed.
Answer 3 – Iron medications should not be taken with food. The reason you should take iron on an empty stomach without food is that an acidic stomach helps with iron absorption.(unless your physician says otherwise).
Jacqueline Ann Chapman
Not sure? Than you need to take our birthing classes
You can register here for our baby care and breast feeding classes -= babies do come with instructions! Did you know we have GIFT CERTIFICATES – Your family and friends can give you a loving gift that will last a life time – our gift certificates are perfect for mommies to be, as a maternity and shower gift – they can be used for our birthing classes and of course if you want a natural delivery in our center.
Register for our
VIRTUAL Birthing Classes:
- 1 Hr Lactation Support class
- 12 Hr Hypno-Birthing class
- 5 hr 1 Day All inclusive pregnancy class
- 3 hr Childbirth class
- 3 hr Baby Care class
- 3 hr Post Partum Class
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Class
Nurse Jackie says,
"Babies DO come with Instructions"
Thinking about a Natural Child Birth - The Way Nature Intended?
Call 929-888-6996 or email email@example.com
Schedule an in person or Virtual Tour of The Birthing Center of NY
Like Us On: