You just had your baby. When you go to the bathroom to refresh yourself you see blood clots. Is this normal? Which are the correct answers?
–Blood that doesn’t immediately pass through your vagina and out of your body may form clots. Sometimes these clots can be especially large immediately after giving birth. While blood clots are normal after pregnancy, too many blood clots or very large blood clots can be
cause for concern
- No, this is not normal and should seek immediate medical care
- This is normal and you should massage your Fundus and make sure it is firm
- You show lay down immediately and elevate your legs.
- The clots should decrease in frequency and size over the next few weeks
- You may not be resting enough and increasing the tendency to bleed this is why resting the first 4 weeks is so important and especially the first weeks
Babies DO come with instructions!
Did you know we have GIFT CERTIFICATES
Your family and friends can give you a loving gift that will last a life time – our gift certificates are perfect for mommies to be, as a maternity and shower gift – they can be used for our birthing classes and of course if you want a natural delivery in our center.>
Register for our
VIRTUAL Birthing Classes:
- 1 Hr Lactation Support class
- 12 Hr Hypno-Birthing class
- 5 hr 1 Day All inclusive pregnancy class
- 3 hr Childbirth class
- 3 hr Baby Care class
- 3 hr Post Partum Class
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Class
Nurse Jackie says,
"Babies DO come with Instructions"
Thinking about a Natural Child Birth - The Way Nature Intended?
Call 929-888-6996 or email email@example.com
Schedule an in person or Virtual Tour of The Birthing Center of NY