It’s called labor for a reason. It’s a lot of work. Your birthing ball was helpful. What can you do with the birthing ball now? Do you know the answer?
- You have finished with labor and it is now over. You should deflate the ball and store it or give it away
- You can use it in place of a chair. Your perineal area is sore and tender. The ball will provide comfort.
- Deflate the ball a little to make it softer and more comfortable to sit on. Calm your newborn by rocking the baby in your arms (Baby should be in a sling)
- You can do several different exercises postpartum such as bouncing on the ball to help with your stability, balance and strengthen your leg muscles
- Use the ball to strengthen your core as well as tone your legs and abdomen.
*Take my class and learn more!
Jacqueline Ann Chapman