To all our wonderful friends and followers – Happy Thanksgiving to you all and your loved ones. Your table is set and the house has an aroma of Thanksgiving festivities. Your newborn is not yet 6 months old. Should you give them solid foods? Do you know the answer?
- Giving solid food before 6 months can cause increase in weight gain and lead to childhood obesity
- Giving solid foods can lead to type 1 diabetes and eczema
- The American Academy of Pediatrics says 4 months of age is allowable but recommend waiting until 6 months of age
- If the child is expressing the need to get to the food on your plate – let them
Wishing you a safe and Happy Thanksgiving from our family to your family!
*Perfect Christmas gift – Give Childbirth Class Gift Certificate- The gift that keeps on giving.
Every women has the right to choose how she wishes to feed her newborn. If you’re formula feeding, which is the incorrect statement!
-If milk isn’t being stimulated to be produced by your body, it will stop. So don’t touch or stimulate your breasts, leave them alone.
– If you are engorged when milk comes in and you are planning to formula feed you should wear a tight fitting bra and use breast pads. (cut a sanitary pad in half and use). In a matter of days the engorgement will steadily decrease . You may exhibit a low grade fever, this is normal, under 100.4. If over 100.4, seek medical attention.
-You should pump often to get the milk out of your breast. This will prevent engorgement and help the milk to dry up.
NOT SURE? Than you need our VIRTUAL birthing classes
Register here for our VIRTUAL classes
Babies DO come with instructions!
Register for our
VIRTUAL Birthing Classes:
Nurse Jackie says,
"Babies DO come with Instructions"
Thinking about a Natural Child Birth - The Way Nature Intended?
Call 929-888-6996 or email email@example.com
Schedule an in person or Virtual Tour of The Birthing Center of NY
Like Us On: