You are finally having your bundle of joy! You have read and your delivery assistant has told you – that when the baby is born it should immediately be placed on your chest for bonding, but your provider places the baby on your stomach and not your chest – Do you know why? Which 2 are the correct answers?
- Your provider does not agree with bonding on the chest.
- Easier for the provider if the baby is in the abdomen as oppose to the chest.
3. Your baby may have a short cord and the cord should not be pulled on otherwise it can pull off and become an emergency
4. Your provider might be focused on something happening vaginally or bleeding from the uterus and needs to pay attention to that – so it was easier to place the baby on the abdomen first.
Correct answer- 3,4
Jacqueline Ann Chapman
Not sure? Than you need to take our OO-LINE birthing classes
Babies DO come with instructions!
Did you know we haveGIFT CERTIFICATES
Your family and friends can give you a loving gift that will last a life time – our gift certificates are perfect for mommies to be, as a maternity and shower gift – they can be used for our birthing classes and of course if you want a natural delivery in our center.
Register for our
VIRTUAL Birthing Classes:
- 1 Hr Lactation Support class
- 12 Hr Hypno-Birthing class
- 5 hr 1 Day All inclusive pregnancy class
- 3 hr Childbirth class
- 3 hr Baby Care class
- 3 hr Post Partum Class
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Class
Nurse Jackie says,
"Babies DO come with Instructions"
Thinking about a Natural Child Birth - The Way Nature Intended?
Call 929-888-6996 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule an in person or Virtual Tour of The Birthing Center of NY